Friday, September 24, 2010

La Castellana: An Impulsive Decision






     I must admit that when I first saw La Castellana while attending a co-resident's wedding reception, I was positively ecstatic at the thought of dressing the whole venue for my wedding. Budget-wise of course, I couldn't afford the damn place...so I shoved it up the back of my mind. For our budget, we wanted to book Ramon Magsaysay Hall because it was the only venue where our budget fits and convenience-wise, it was just near St. Pancratius. Any other possible venues I scrapped from my mind because, honestly, we couldn't afford it.

     The day before I was to book RMH, I was able to chat with my Aunt Elsa (my Mom's sister in Australia) and...out of nowhere, she offered a b-i-g monetary help for my wedding. Our previous decision months ago which we thought was cast in stone already, was thrown out of the window. There and then, I called La Castellana and inquired about their availability on my wedding day. They said somebody pencil-booked the place on our date. *Thud. I thought everything was over then. However, they told me that the first to pay the downpayment gets the venue! La Castellana is actually a popular venue in Intramuros and since I don't want the regret of not having to hold my reception there, I immediately asked for their account number and deposited the downpayment 30 mins after talking to them...after asking my fiance of course, to which he said yes because he also liked the place when we attended our co-resident's reception. Yes, it was an impulsive decision, but one that I would never regret...
 
     What I liked about La Castellana is that the place is all-white (unlike RMH where it's so bare and brown and we definitely need to hire a stylist) which is apt to our theme, Minimalist Ethereal. It is an ethereal place, with minimal but tasteful embellishments. The chandelier is absolutely lovely and because of that, I can put less decorations and floral arrangements in the venue because it is beautiful already. Best impulsive decision ever made!!!

The Foyer
El Jardin de la Luz, The Courtyard
Salon de Joaquin Ballroom
The Bridal Suite
Entrance Foyer
Gazebo, with mini-waterfalls
                                                   


2 comments:

  1. hi, may i ask kung mag kano nyo na rent yung venue? kasama na ba catering or just the place lang?mukha kasi syang mganda..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xan, check mo din yung La Castellana dito, madaming magagandang photos pa at yung package kung magkano. :)

      Delete